- PDQ of Financial Toxicity from the National Cancer Institute
- University of Chicago resource on financial toxicity
- Media: NPR story on a cancer doctor discussing experiences of financial toxicity
- Guy GP Jr, Ekwueme DU, Yabroff KR, et al. Economic burden of cancer survivorship among adults in the United States. J Clin Oncol. 2013;31(30):3749-3757.
- USA Today, Kaiser Family Foundation, Harvard School of Public Health. National Survey of Households Affected by Cancer. http://www.kff.org/ kaiserpolls/7590.cfm. Updated November 6, 2006. Accessed August 23, 2017.
- Wong, YN, Egleston, BL, Sachdeva, K, et al. Cancer patients’ trade-offs among efficacy, toxicity, and out-of-pocket cost in the curative and noncurative setting. Med Care. 2013;51(9):838-845.
- Yabroff KR, Dowling EC, Guy GP Jr, et al. Financial hardship associated with cancer in the United States: findings from a population-based sample of adult cancer survivors. J Clin Oncol. 2016;34(3):259-267.
- Kale HP, Carroll NV. Self-reported financial burden of cancer care and its effect on physical and mental health-related quality of life among US cancer survivors. Cancer. 2016;122(8):283-289.
- Ramsey S, Blough D, Kirchhoff A, et al. Washington State cancer patients found to be at greater risk for bankruptcy than people without a cancer diagnosis. Health Aff. 2013;32(6):1143-1152.