What the heck is a game jam?
According to Wikipedia, a game jam is a gathering of people for the purpose of planning, designing, and creating one or more games within a short span of time, usually ranging between 24 and 72 hours. Participants are generally made up of programmers, game designers, artists, writers, and others in game development-related fields.
When is it?
- October 27, 2017. 6PM – 10PM. Orientation, team registration, keynote
- October 28, 2017 9 AM through October 29, 1 PM – Game Jam
- Complete schedule is available at https://pittgames4health.com/schedule/
Who can participate?
Games4Health is open to any university student 18 years of age or older.
Design and develop a serious or a transformational digital game that addresses critical issues in one of the following areas:
- Depression, anxiety
- Eating disorders
- Diabetes self-management
- Learning disorders
- Medication abuse
- Epilepsy or other seizure disorders
- Food allergies
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Organ transplant
- Sickle cell disease