What the heck is a game jam?
According to Wikipedia, a game jam is a gathering of people for the purpose of planning, designing, and creating one or more games within a short span of time, usually ranging between 24 and 72 hours. Participants are generally made up of programmers, game designers, artists, writers, and others in game development-related fields.
When is it?
- October 19, 2018. 6PM – 10PM. Orientation, team registration, keynote, talking to people, food, etc…
- October 20, 2018 – 9 AM through October 21, 1 PM – Game Jam
- Complete schedule is available at https://pittgames4health.com/schedule/
Where is it?
University of Pittsburgh School of Computing and Information
135 North Bellefield Avenue, 3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Who can participate?
Games4Health is open to any university student 18 years of age or older.
All games must be submitted via Games4Health DevPost site at 9am on Sunday, October 21st.
Design and develop a serious or a transformational game (digital or analog) that addresses critical issues in one of the following areas:
- Depression, anxiety
- Eating disorders
- Diabetes self-management
- Learning disorders
- Medication abuse
- Epilepsy or other seizure disorders
- Food allergies
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Organ transplant
- Sickle cell disease