- Sawicki GS, Tiddens H. Managing treatment complexity in cystic fibrosis: challenges and opportunities. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2012;47(6):523-533.
- Jamieson N, Fitzgerald D, Singh-Grewal D, Hanson CS, Craig JC, Tong A. Children’s experiences of cystic fibrosis: a systematic review of qualitative studies. Pediatrics. 2014;133(6):e1683-e1697.
- Quittner AL, Zhang J, Marynchenko M, et al. Pulmonary medication adherence and health-care use in cystic fibrosis. Chest. 2014;146(1):142-151.
- Goodfellow NA, Hawwa AF, Reid AJM, Horne R, Shields MD, McElnay JC. Adherence to treatment in children and adolescents with cystic fibrosis: a cross-sectional, multi-method study investigating the influence of beliefs about treatment and parental depressive symptoms. BMC Pulm Med. 2015;15:43.
- Geiss SK, Hobbs SA, Hammersley-Maercklein G, Kramer JC, Henley M. Psychosocial factors related to perceived compliance with cystic fibrosis treatment. J Clin Psychol. 1992;48(1):99-103.
- DiGirolamo AM, Quittner AL, Ackerman V, Stevens J. Identification and assessment of ongoing stressors in adolescents with a chronic illness: An application of the behavior-analytic model. J Clin Child Psychol. 1997;26(1):53-66.
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Treatment and therapies. http://www.cff.org/life-with-cf/treatments-and-therapies/. Accessed June 7, 2017.
- Oddleifson DA, Sawicki GS. Adherence and recursive perception among young adults with cystic fibrosis. Anthropol Med. 2017;24(1):65-80.
- Bucks RS, Hawkins K, Skinner TC, Horn S, Seddon P, Horne R. Adherence to treatment in adolescents with cystic fibrosis: the role of illness perceptions and treatment beliefs. J Pediatr Psychol. 2009;34(8):893-902.
- Modi AC, Quittner AL. Barriers to treatment adherence for children with cystic fibrosis and asthma: what gets in the way? J Pediatr Psychol. 2006;31(8):846-858.
- Dziuban EJ, Saab-Abazeed L, Chaudhry SR, Streetman DS, Nasr SZ. Identifying barriers to treatment adherence and related attitudinal patterns in adolescents with cystic fibrosis. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2010;45(5):450-458.
- Walgreens. Impact of Walgreens Connected Care® cystic fibrosis program on adherence and quality of life for enrolled CF patients.https://www.walgreens.com/images/adaptive/si/pdf/Specialty-CF-WhitePaper_20160202.pdf. Accessed August 23, 2017.
- Tuchman LK, Schwartz LA, Sawicki GS, Britto MT. Cystic fibrosis and transition to adult medical care. Pediatrics. 2010;125(3):566-73.
- Anstead M, Murphy D, Dvorak S, Caudill S, Kuhn R. Identifying and overcoming barriers to adherence at an adult cystic fibrosis center by the addition of a pharmacist:511. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2014;49:402.